Penalties for Illinois speeding tickets differ depending on the type of speeding offense alleged. The speeding ticket lawyers at The Davis Law Group, P.C. have an in-depth knowledge of all variations of speeding violations in Illinois from petty offenses to misdemeanor "aggravated" speeding charges. While aggravated speeding offenses (35mph+ ) have a maximum penalty of up to 12 months in jail and a $2,500.00 fine, petty offenses are still punishable by conviction, costly fines and traffic school. We are experienced with the ever-changing traffic laws in Illinois and understand the best way to protect our clients' driving records.
- Aggravated Speeding (26+ mph over the limit) - maximum penalty - conviction + 6 months in jail + $1,500.00 fine + mandatory court costs
- Aggravated Speeding (35+ mph over the limit) - maximum penalty - conviction + 12 months in jail + $2,500.00 fine + mandatory court costs
- Speeding in a School Zone - minimum penalty - $150.00 fine + mandatory court costs + mandatory conviction (court supervision prohibited)
- Speeding in a Construction Zone - minimum penalty - $375.00 fine + mandatory court costs
- Petty Speeding (25 mph over the limit or less) - maximum penalty - conviction + fines of up to $1,000.00 + mandatory court costs
Contact the Chicago area traffic ticket attorneys at The Davis Law Group, P.C. Our attorneys provide the legal representation you deserve. Professional representation can alleviate much of the stress that goes along with receiving a traffic violation. In fact, if you are unable to appear in court, our attorneys can often appear on your behalf. Our speeding ticket attorneys can assist with traffic tickets issued in Chicago and throughout Illinois including Lake County, Cook County, and DuPage County. We look forwarding to speaking with you to discuss your case. Contact our office today.